TCS Content Resources
Common Core Math Explained in 3 Minutes
This article and video, produced by Vox.com, helps address many parent and community member concerns with Common Core math approaches. Unfortunately, the term "new math” is a misnomer; the math strategies suggested under Common Core have been employed in high-performing schools across the country for decades.
Great Kids Milestones Math Videos
Milestones is a free online collection of videos aimed at helping parents and guardians understand grade-level expectations in kindergarten through grade five. On this page, find videos featuring students demonstrating what success looks like in math, grade by grade. View all of the videos on the Great Kids Milestones Web page.
- General Math Resources to Help Your Child With Homework
The following sites maybe helpful when helping your child:
Common Core Math a Grade by Grade Overview for Parents: http://pages.uoregon.edu/dps/CommonCore/CCSSM_bygrade.pdf
This website offers math vocabulary practice by grade level.
Math challenges represented in a fun way to help foster a growth mindset in math for everyone.
A good website for math at all grade level:
- https://phet.colorado.edu/ Physics games for middle school and up
ents.org/ High interest news for students
- http://www.chem4kids.com/ Great for our unit on Matter
- http://www.historyforkids.net/ Short and easy to read. Good for 6th grade ancient civilizations
- http://www.history.com/ Full length documentaries on everything under the sun.
mix/3-5-sites Symbaloo is a collection of sites for any age group or subject. This one for 3-5 is actually great for middle school. Worth signing in!